Former Head Human Resources, Standard Chartered Bank, Nepal
Passionate about making a difference to people and the communities
Over 28 years of professional experience in the Banking sector, in Retail Banking, Corporate Affairs and Human Resources at Standard Chartered Bank Nepal Ltd. Former Head of Human Resources at Standard Chartered Bank Nepal.
Areas of experience and contribution at Standard Chartered Bank.
Retail Banking Business, Branch Banking, Relationship Management High Net worth Clients, Marketing, Corporate Affairs. Final stint of 11 years before retirement from the Bank being in Human Resources as Head Human Resources
Contributed to the leadership and management responsibilities through the apex committees and bodies of the Bank as follows:
- Member of the Bank's Executive Committee (Management Committee)
- Member of Executive Risk Committee
- Member of Crisis Management Committee
- Member of Health and Safety Committee
- Leading Country HIV Champion and Seeing is Believing Champion for the Bank
- Chairman and Founding Member of Standard Chartered Nepal Community Partnership Forum
- Founding member of the Business Coalition Against AIDS in Nepal established under Federation of Nepalese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FNCCI)
Introduced the following initiatives in the Bank/ first in the industry and clear differentiators
- Introduced a 5 day working week in the Bank
- Revised and enhanced the paternity and maternity leave, highest provided in the industry
- Established a crèche in the Bank for tiny toddlers of staff helping in work life balance and continuity of career for women staff
- Rolled out independent confidential counselling services for staff
- Incorporated and established the Standard Chartered Bank Toastmasters Club for staff in the Bank
- Launched Flexi – working
- With focus on learning and development of people launched various internal learning initiatives in the Bank eg Masterclass, Learn and Grow
- Recognized as 'HR Manager of the Year 2012' in the country during a HR Meet in 2013.
- Been a Resource person, Jury member and Panellists at various events by colleges, forums, meet and societies in the country.
- Nominated by the CEO for the Bank's Group Chairman's Award in 2015