With over 16 years' experience in human resources partnering across several sectors in Zimbabwe, Stella is the Global Chief Human Resources Officer for Pacific Cigarette Company, a marketing and cigarette manufacturing company.
Her track record is one of ambition and results, qualities that have allowed her to transcend any gender-based expectations of women at the top-level of the corporate world. Shortly after university, she worked at CAPS Holdings in the Human Resources Department, where she first came to appreciate the importance of performance management and leadership in the work arena. From there, she proceeded to Tube and Pipe Industries where she started out as the Human Resources and Training Officer, was promoted to Human Resources Manager and finally heading the Business Unit.
In 2013, she joined Savanna Tobacco (Now Pacific Cigarette Company) as Head of HR. She played a critical role in the transformation of the Company to a global company with operations in Southern Africa and the Caribbean. She continues to head the HR function further to achieve the Company's vision to be the second largest cigarette company in Africa by 2020. As a business leader, she contributes to the overall strategic and business decisions taken by the Company.
She also mentors young career professionals and women. She's also passionate in developing future leaders.
She also holds the following positions:
- International Advisory Board Member for University of Stellenbosch Business School Executive Development Ltd (USB-ED Ltd).
- Chairperson - Employers Association for the Cigarette Manufacturing Industry in Zimbabwe.
- Graduate Employment Committee member for University of Zimbabwe.
- Megafest Leadership awards (Zimbabwe) – Outstanding Human Capital Development Leader 2017.
- CEO Global (SA) Most Influential Women in Business and Government awards 2017 – Country winner in the Manufacturing& Engineering sector for the SADC North region.
- CEO Global (SA) Most Influential Women in Business and Government awards 2017 – Regional winner in the Manufacturing& Engineering sector for the SADC North region.
- CEO Global (SA) Most Influential Women in Business and Government awards 2017 – Continental finalist in the Manufacturing& Engineering sector for the SADC North region